Mobile Police Movie
© 1989 HEADGEAR/EMOTION/Tohokushinsha Film Corporation
© 1995 Tohokushinsha Corporation / Manga Entertainment, Inc.
Color / Stereo / 100 minutes / Japanese Language / English Subtitles / English Dub
The year is 1999 and Tokyo's Mobile Police have a new weapon in the war on crime - advanced robots called Labors are used to combat the criminals who would use the new technology for illegal means. The suicide of a mysterious man on the massive Babylon Project construction site sets off a cascade of events that may signal the destruction of Tokyo. What is the connection between the suicide, the new Mobile Police AV-XO Zero Labor, and a berserk prototype tank? When Patlabor cops Noah Izumi and Zuma Shinohara investigate an unexplained wave of rogue Labors' rampaging across the city, they uncover a sinister revenge plot to infect Tokyo's eight thousand Labor population with the deadly BABEL virus. With the future of the city hanging in the balance and a typhoon poised to trigger the devastation, Noah, Azuma and their teammates must destroy the source of the virus - the giant Babylon Project tower in Tokyo Bay - in a die hard battle to the finish.
The first in a highly acclaimed series, PATLABOR 1 Mobile Police is a science-fiction police drama set against a tale of danger and high-tech revenge.
- Shinohara Asuma: Furukawa Toshio
- Izumi Noah: Tominaga Mina
- Goto Kichi: Obayashi Ryusuke
- Nagumo Shinobu: Sakakibara Yoshiko
- Kanuka Clancy: Inoue Yo
- Ohta Isao: Ikemizu Michihiro
- Shinshi Mikiyasu: Futamata Issei
- Yamazaki Hiromi: Gori Daisuke
- Shiba Shige: Chiba Shigeru
- Sakaki Seitaro: Saka Osamu
- Jitsuyama: Tsujimura Masato
- Matsui: Nishimura Kazumichi
- Planning and Original Story: Headgear
- Director: Oshi Mamoru
- Concept: Yuki Masami
- Screenplay: Ito Kazunori
- Character Design: Takada Akemi
- Mechanical Design: Izubuchi Yutaka
- Animation Production: Studio Deen
- Production: Bandai Co. Ltd.